Getting a little more JOLLY, a little more GREEN, and a little less GIANT.

09 January 2012

How Many Calories Does the Happy Dance Burn?

First week of 2012=AWESOME!

I lost 7.2 pounds!

*happy dance*

I know not every week is or should be like that. But that first week of dedicated weight loss is always the funnest, isn't it?

Ahhh! 7.2 pounds! That's like a newborn baby. That's like almost a gallon of milk. That's like a strange movie from Will Smith.

For those of you who are going to ask--and I know you're going to--"How did you do it?", my answer is... The good old fashioned healthy way. Exercise and watching what I eat.

I worked out every day of the week except Sunday. Some days I walked/jogged/hiked on the treadmill. Some days I played Just Dance 3 on the Wii. One day I did Pilates. The workouts lasted anywhere from 30 minutes to almost an hour.

Food wise...I'm now using myfitnesspal.com to log my daily calories (and exercise). At first I was afraid it would be tedious, but now I feel it's kind of liberating. I know exactly what I can eat and how effective my exercise is. There's no guessing or second guessing. It's right there on my computer screen. I love it! (I'm "eveperks" by the way if you want to buddy up.)

That's it. No pills. No juice diets. No low carb program. Just counting calories and wiping sweat.

How was your first week of 2012?

What I'm listening to lately: Daft Punk and "Barbra Streisand" by Duck Sauce.

5 comments:

Missy0327 said...

I gained three lbs! Why?? Not sure, still having problems with the eating thing.
Good for you lady!! Keep on trucking!!

Brittany said...

You are doing amazing!!

I gained too :( Pretty sure my problem is the eating thing too.

Myya said...

YAY you! I think the only way to want to work at keeping it off is to work for it to begin with. I think you are a rockstar, you have done so well!

I am on day 3 with the calorie counting & excercise, I feel good so here is to hoping I stick with it (Cuz I really REALLY want to make this work!)

Carli W. said...

Do you want to head up to Layton to do Zumba with me on Thursday nights at 8:30? What fun, what laughs! And I would be startled to no end that you actually came...and had a husband staying at home so you could come up. The Zumba instructor is THE BEST and I love it.

Lisa said...

You are my hero. I wish I were that dedicated. Love your blog!