Getting a little more JOLLY, a little more GREEN, and a little less GIANT.

29 June 2011

I'm Still Here

Hi! Here I am!

I'm still here and still being accountable. With Joe out of town, four little ones running around, and a work from home job I simply lack the time to post too often.

Weigh-in day was Monday, as always. I was down another 3.1 pounds bringing me to a total of 25.7 pounds lost in total since 09 May 2011. Not too shabby for 7 weeks of exercising and eating right.

The Fourth of July is coming up this weekend and I'm bracing for the temptations. My sister sent me the menu plans for the weekend today (Isn't she organized?) and of course there are carbs, sweets, and pop galore.

Memorial Day was hard for me as we gathered as a family and the treats were passed around again and again. My family is aware that I am trying to lose weight and get healthy. After I turned down a few treats they encouraged me by saying they were impressed with my self control. That really did help me to feel better about being "left out" of the goodies. And I felt strong being able to resist the temporary satisfaction of consuming lots of unhealthy and needless calories.

I hope I can be as strong this week. I am getting closer and closer to being below the 250 mark and that is really exciting to me. I don't want to screw it up with some temporary holiday treats. When meal time comes around I plan to load up at least half of my plate with veggies and fruits, a little protein, and then a small amount of carbs. Filling up on the veggies will help me to avoid making dumb, impulsive food choices. And of course, drink lots of water. NO POP!

How do you avoid the festivities feeding frenzy???

3 comments:

Katy said...

Go, go, chicka, go!

How do I avoid the holiday hoopla? Well, we purposely do things with our vegetarian-ish friends. There's always a new recipe to try and we try to only stick to a traditional menu plan at Thanksgiving. Our Independence Day dessert is always fruit and yogurt parfaits right before the sun goes down. Really yummy and a fun dessert!

{leah} said...

Bring like 2 of those mix-ins for drinks {the ones that are a no calorie thing} and that way when you are wanting some pop rather than water you have an alternative. Still drink water but this way you have an out when you get that craving.

It might be a bit of work for you but why not bring a 3-4 dishes of food that you feel good about eating. This way you know what is in them and there is no guilt when you eat it.

You are doing really well. It's all about moderation. It's ok to enjoy the holiday, it's just remembering your goal.

Lisa said...

You can do it!!! Good luck!