Getting a little more JOLLY, a little more GREEN, and a little less GIANT.

08 March 2013

Just Call Me, "Dear Flabby"

I've spent far too much time on this computer today trying to play catch-up. I need some time to spend with my kiddoes and my house work, so here's the long and short of it:

I've been getting lots of messages on Facebook asking for weight loss advice, healthy eating tips, a good dose of motivation, or a just a shoulder to cry on. I've been trying to answer these all personally, but there are enough of them and with similar themes that I'm going to start trying to write blog posts that can answer several people's questions at once. Just call me, "Dear Flabby". ;)

I am very happy to help and honored that anyone thinks my advice is worth seeking out, but I do want to make a couple of things clear...

I'm NO expert. Or doctor or nurse or dietitian or even a personal trainer. I'm just a girl who's been through a weight loss journey--who is STILL on a weight loss journey. I do not have all answers. I still have a lot of weaknesses to work on myself.

I will try to not lead you astray by sharing the things that have worked for me. Just because something worked for me, doesn't mean it will for you, but we can sure work together to figure it out.

I need to be careful about not letting this become an obsession. I tend to be a little obsessive-compulsive. When I have a project, I love to devote everything to it. But I am a mother (an often single mom) of four kids and they are my biggest project and priority. I will try to answer your queries in a timely manner, but please forgive me if I take a bit.

To make this a little easier and more accessible I finally did something today that I've been considering for awhile. I took The Jolly Green Giant to Facebook! I have my own "Like Page" now. I'll be posting my blog post links there and hopefully fostering a supportive community that will help to motivate and inspire anyone who wants to be on this journey too.

Alrighty...That is all.

Sincerely, "Dear Flabby"

No comments: